In this privacy statement, ICTS (hereafter referred to as: “We” or “Us”) declares which Personal Information We collect from You and Process it, if you purchase the following services or products from Us.
The terms referred to in this privacy statement, which are appointed with a capital letter, will have the meaning that is assigned to them in the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), unless stated otherwise.
We supply the following services or products (hereafter referred to as: “Services”):
- Rental of semi-trailer/trailers
- Repairs and modification of trailers in our workshops
- Repairs and modification of trailers on location (Field services)
Registering, obtaining and processing of Personal Data
Provision of Personal Data by You
Your use of the Services may result in you being asked to provide Personal Data to Us. When you are requested to provide personal information, you can refuse to do so.
If you provide Personal Data to Us, We will act as the Data Controller of the Personal Data that you provide to Us. You will have to declare that this information is correct and you will have to inform us about any changes that occur regarding this data.
We will Process the following Personal Data provided by you to Us:
- First name
- Telephone number
- Cell phone number
- User names and passwords
- Duration of the website visit
- Address details
- Bank account number
- Date of birth
- Location details for on-site assistance
- Copies of identity documents
Obtaining Personal Data by Us from external sources
In addition to the information that you provide to Us yourself, We could Process additional Personal Data of you from external sources, such as the Trade Register of the Chamber of Commerce.
The ICTS Group of Companies
Purposes of the processing
We Process your Personal Data for the following processing purposes:
- To be able to provide Services to you.
- To be able to inform you about developments in Our organization and to inform you about our other services and products.
- To be able to process your payments for the delivery of the Services.
- To be able to improve the Services and to better attune them to the users' wishes.
Legal basis(es) of the processing
We will Process your Personal Data on one or more of the following legal bases:
- You have given your permission for the processing of your Personal Data for one or more specific purposes.
- The processing is necessary for the execution of an agreement of which you form a party, or to take measures before the conclusion of an agreement at your request.
- The processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation that is Our responsibility.
- We have a Justified Interest in the processing of your Personal Data, for example, in the context of marketing activities, or to keep track of how visitors use Our website.
Providing your Personal Data to Third Parties
We could provide your Personal Data to the following recipient(s) or categories of recipient(s):
- to our accountant and the Tax Authorities, to be able to do our administration and to comply with legal obligations in the field of Tax Legislation;
- to organizations that we engage for the processing of personal data, for example, in the context of hosting data or sending newsletters;
- to organizations that we engage in order to collect an eventual claim that might be due by you to us;
- to organizations that we engage in the context of Field Services in order to provide service on location.
Personal Data storage period
We will store and Process your Personal Data for a period as legally required and/or permitted. If, and to the extent, that the legally required and/or permitted periods have expired, We will use the following criteria for determining the period during which We will store and Process your Personal Data:
- as long as the personal data is necessary for Our service to you;
- as long as the personal data is necessary for the provision of service and settlement of eventual complaints after our Services have ended, also taking into account the limitation period within which an eventual claim from you to Us, because of the Services, will expire.
- or eventual Permission given by you that has not been withdrawn and that is still in force.
- or if there is a Justified Interest for Us to retain the Personal Data.
You have the right to request Us to inspect and rectify or delete your Personal Data, or a restriction of the Processing concerning you, as well as the right to object to the Processing. You also have the right to data portability.
You can send your request for exercising one or more of your rights to:
Mr Y. Van Goethem
Group IT Director
Lanceloot Blondeellaan 11
8380 Zeebrugge (Belgium)
T +32(0)50 54 20 26
Cell: +32(0)471 90 26 00
If required by law, and when we verified your identity, we will treat your request within the period described by law and verify it against the legal conditions and exceptions where you called in the right, we will inform you whether and, if so, how your request will be fulfilled.
If you have given Permission for the Processing of your Personal Data, you will have the right to revoke this Permission for the processing of your Personal Data at any time, without this affecting the lawfulness of the processing, based on your Permission prior to the revocation thereof. You do realize that, by withdrawing your Permission, you will no longer be able to make use of the Services.
Right of complaint
Despite the care that We exercise in Processing your Personal Data, it could be that you are not satisfied with the way in which We have dealt with your Personal Data. In such case, you can file a complaint at our organization, for the attention of the following contact person:
Mr J. Smet
Director Data Management
Lanceloot Blondeellaan 11
8380 Zeebrugge (Belgium)
T +32(0)50 35 28 97
F +32(0)50 54 60 88
Cell: 32(0)499 30 70 80
You also have the right to submit a complaint to the Data Protection Authority about Our Processing of your Personal Data. The postal address for the Netherlands is:
PO Box 93374
2509 AJ The Hague
Commission for the protection of privacy
Obligation to provide information
You are not obliged to provide your Personal Data. The consequence of not providing your Personal Data could be that you will no longer be able to make use of our Services (any longer).
We do not make use of automated decision-making, which includes profiling.
We will not share your Personal Data with parties outside the European Economic Area, except for the exception referred to below under the heading “Cookies”.
Our websites use functional cookies when offering the Services, in order to offer you a proper functioning of the website and a good user experience. In addition, we also make use of Google Analytics. We make use of this service for maintaining and obtaining reports on how visitors use the website. Google could provide this information to third parties, if Google is legally obliged to do so, or insofar as third parties process the information on behalf of Google. We do not have any influence in this regard whatsoever. We have not given Google any permission to use the obtained analytics information for other Google services.
The information that Google collects is anonymised as much as possible. Your IP address will explicitly not be supplied. The information is transferred to and stored by Google on servers in the United States of America. Google undertakes to adhere to the Privacy Shield principles and is affiliated with the Privacy Shield program of the United States Department of Commerce. This means that there is an appropriate level of protection for the processing of eventual personal data.
We do not make use of tracking cookies.
We could use your Personal Information to provide you with marketing communications about Our products, as well as services and offers that could be relevant to you. You will only receive marketing communications from us if you have given your permission for this, or if you have purchased goods or services from us and if you have not excluded that you would like to receive marketing communications from us.
This Privacy Statement can be amended periodically.
Version August 2018